There was a small animal in the fireplace chimney.

I was in the living room dusting the china hutch when I heard something in the fireplace.

It wasn’t in the hearth, but it sound like it was about two feet above the flue. I stood there for a couple of minutes, and then my husband came inside. I shushed him and told him to listen. He heard the noise and said something was trapped in the fireplace chimney. He was going to try to smoke it out, but I worried it would get trapped and die in the chimney. We could use the fireplace if there was a dead critter inside. He agreed, but said we couldn’t use the fireplace, if there was a live critter inside. I had to agree with him. We had saved a lot of money this winter, by ditching the furnace and only using the fireplace. He said we could go back to using the furnace, but winter was almost over. I wasn’t sure I wanted him to start a fire, but that was the only way we were going to chase the animal up the chimney. Five minutes later, the fireplace was lit, and smoke was going up the chimney. I heard a lot of chattering and then some scratching. My husband told me to go outside and let him know what came out of the chimney. I wasn’t going outside. If the animal came out, he was going to be mad. I wanted him to go after my husband andnot me. He told me I was a scaredy cat and I agreed. I stood by the fireplace and he yelled two minutes later. A small squirrel had been trapped in the chimney, but it was now out.
duct sealing