I just never wanted to go through that experience again
I never thought it would happen to me. You hear about other people tell their stories. You hear about these stories on television. I personally never thought it would be me. I was panicked and I had no idea how to handle it. I just know that I ran out of the house. I grabbed my phone and ran. I called the fire department and told them I had a leak in my house. The carbon monoxide detector was going off. I told them where I lived. They showed up at my house very quickly. I waited outside for them to show up. I knew they were going to show up quickly anyway. They asked me how it set off. I told them the only thing I could think of was my gas furnace. I thought maybe it had broken down. I thought maybe it let a leak into my house. This was a scary experience for me. I had a gas furnace installed because it was going to be cheaper for me. I do not make a ton of money. I always try to get cheaper things. I was willing to risk the furnace leaking gas into my house. Like I said I never thought it would happen. It is rare that this happens. I was really concerned. Needless to say, after this experience I changed my furnace to an electric furnace. It was not time for the furnace to be replaced. I just never wanted to go through that experience again. Luckily I had a carbon monoxide detector. Now I pay more on energy bills for an electric furnace. I feel as though I pay for my own safety though.